NOTICE: This blog is now updated at simon-birch.com/blog

Sunday 18 July 2010

warhole



The view from my studio, today, July 19th, 2010.

The weather is stunning in HK right now. Every day is a blue sky. We had a big weather system come through which gave us a couple of days of waves and scrubbed the sky clean.

I have had a very eventful couple of weeks back in the city but now things are settling and i'm back to painting daily. It's such a therapeutic pursuit, much needed. It's so challenging but so satisfying in it's directness. Just me and the paint. I'm compelled to paint nudes right now. They are women with their arms stretched in front of them as if  in defense. The future barreling towards them, an unstoppable force.


Here's a little clip from CNN. I was in this little documentary. It made me think about Pollock and how being in the media was such a new thing in the 50's as an artist and how it's just normal now.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/international/2010/07/15/cnngo.b.hong.kong.cnn

1 comment:

  1. hey man, fuck what the critics say. art is subjective so has a different meaning for everyone.

    ReplyDelete